Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thanksgiving Menu 2013


So we are about 2 weeks away from Thanksgiving and it's time to get in high gear and start planning Thanksgiving. Our kitchen remodel is nowhere near done and there are plenty of setbacks so we are going to have Thanksgiving down at our new Store and RV Resort we just bought.

So I need to empty out and paint a fairly large space in the next two weeks and shop and make Thanksgiving happen.

My Thanksgiving menu doesn't vary much from year to year since the family has tried and tested and decided on their favorites. Really they are pretty set in their ways and I love them for it.


This year we are having...

Roasted Turkey with Homemade Dressing
Giblet Gravy
Homemade Sourdough Bread
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potato Crunch
Cranberry Sauce
Prime Rib w/ Au Jus and Horseradish
Sauteed Green Beans
Mashed Sweet Potatoes w/ Cinnamon
Shrimp Cocktail
Pea Salad
Stuffed Celery
Lambrusco Wine
Apple Cider
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie

Sweet and savory is the best way to put it all. Hope to have plenty of leftovers too.

We are expecting a crowd this year and are very excited. 

Last year my mom was in the ventilator hospital on life support and my grandma was very ill. Our house burned down the day after Thanksgiving. Unfortunately we lost them both this year and my heart if very much broken but I do know they would have wanted us to carry on the tradition and carry on we shall.

It would be lovely to have Thanksgiving in our new home this year but it's just not done. The important part isn't where it is or how it's decorated but who you share it with and to be grateful for those people and that we have food on the table.

I wish I could spend Thanksgiving with all the people in the Phillipines and cook for them and comfort them and show them there is life after so much loss.

For now we will send our prayers and be prepping to give our thanks to God above for loving us so much and giving us the chance to be together.

Many Blessings.

Linking up with Share Your Cup Thursday Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday
Get Free Updates:
*If you are new to Cottage Making Mommy I'd love to stay in touch*

2 comments:

  1. Hi Valerie, I am so sorry to hear about losing your home and your parents this past year. I agree that it's sharing the holiday with the ones you love more than where you share it! Your menu sounds delicious! Can't believe you do both turkey and prime rib. We have our favorites that we have to do from year to year. Sometimes we throw in a new dish or two. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did have a lot to happen last year - I hope you have a wonderful and blessed gathering this year! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete